Monday, February 26

Hear Ye, Hear Ye (Town Crier Style)

So what better way to ring in the 50th post than with an announcement? And an unveiling? I had an epiphany (I've often wondered why some people are more epiphanic than others. Is it like being lightning-prone? A Phenomenon? Another Post?) today, during the course of my daily Cocoa Quest. I was quietly prowling the aisles of the Corner Shop outside my lab, hunting for that specific bar of gustatory heaven that would perfectly complement my ghastly Monday morning mood. Just as I was giving up all hope of finding something suitable (in the face of the rows of Hershey's staring back at me), out of the corner of my eye I saw a Comrade. It is very easy to discern the true Seeker of Choco Enlightenment from the mere Grab-A-Candy-Bar pedestrian (I mean, people who call choclate, candy??? Candy??? I despair for their souls). But here was a fellow pilgrim on the Brown Brick Road to Heaven. We exchanged the subtlest head-nods, that would have gone unnoticed by anyone but true Chocodevotees. And at that moment, I had my epiphany. Where is Our Voice I wondered (I would have thundered, but I was in the Corner Shop and didn't wanna embarrass myself. Moses had it easy, he was on a barren mountain top *sigh*)? Where is the Voice of the Chocodevotees? There are Book Lovers, Movie Lovers, Music Lovers, Gay Lovers, you name it we've got it. They have clubs, and socials, they write reviews and meet for drinks. They hold themselves up as pillars of society (sometimes, at least). And We (the Chocodevotees, I mean) have nothing. So I've decided to launch a new Section on this blog : The Chocolate Reviews. No choclate shall be too grand or too insignificant to be reviewed herein. No cocoa product shall be too diverse or different to be mentioned in this Section. No stone will be left unturned in gathering information and opinions on everything deliciously brown, sticky and sweet (no smart aleck comments on this, please!). "But what are your qualifications?", you ask hesitantly. I draw myself up in quiet indignation and say quiveringly, "I love chocolate." And you are (justly) silenced.

WATCH THIS SPACE.

13 comments:

Kaushik Gopalan said...

Hehehehehe. This is going to be so much fun.

wiseling said...

Oooooh can I help? I did sell my soul for chocolate after all! (well, I suppose I did call it a candy-bar, but it was late and I was sleepy and I guess american lingo can grab you unawares sometimes and and oh will you forgive me?)

Sumithra said...

:D Yeeeyy!! Can't wait for the chockie reviews!

Confused n Baffled said...

yay! im in!

MockTurtle said...

Chevalier Noir butter cookies with dark chocolate. You can get them at Trader Joe's. You will thank me for this once you have tasted them.

Revealed said...

@KG: Yeah, it is :D

@Wiseling: But OF COURSE!! Mail me, mail me! Let's get this show on the road!

@Sunshine: Hehehe. All in good time :D. (N I love the 'Chockie-reviews'. Can I steal it? With your permission, of course :P.

@C&b: As I said to Wiseling, all reviews and comments and *nething* chockie-rel8d will be accepted.

@MT: Oh my! Just saying the name out loud makes me want to rush out and get one! To heck with experiments and so forth :P.

Revealed said...

@Wiseling: All pilgrims on Brown Brick Road to Heaven are automatically forgiven for lapses of the tongue induced by sleepiness, grabbing-lingos and any other excuse however reasonable ;)

wiseling said...

I have not your email address... mine is whimsical.wiseling@gmail.com, btw...

Obi Wan said...

What is this??? People have stopped claiming positions! Not that I mind of course, gives me the opportunity to claim the 1st position, which I duly go ahead and do! So now that the coveted 1st position is in my dirty bag(have to get it washed one of these days), many congratulations on the 50th post. 'tis quite depressing too, because I don't think I've completed 50 even in my last 1.5 years of blogging(if you can call it that)!
And to think that some of us were after your life to start your own blog!

Sumithra said...

:D Of course!!

Revealed said...

@Wiseling: Mailed you with the secret plans ;)

@Obi: Hehehe. Yeah, can you believe it? :P
(btw talking about your blog, I'm almost tired of checking it everyday!)

@SS: Ty :D

Cloudy said...

Ooooooh drooooling already :-) And, many congratulations!

Revealed said...

@cloudy: ty :)