Tuesday, December 19

Pearls for Swine

Yeah, that's the phrase I was looking for! Perfectly capsulates the intention of Dawkin's book (though not to him, of course).

And talking about Pearls for/before Swine , considering its origin, describing the God Delusion as such is even more delicious, huh?

PS: For some reason I felt convinced that there was a PGW by that name, somewhere in the past I hear a bell clanging, faintly and dolorously. Or is that just my hyperactive, perfectly-evolved-for-deluding-myself-brain talking?

6 comments:

Cloudy said...

Hmmmm 'Pigs can fly' and 'Swine' connection? Or 'Pearls, Girls and Monty Bodkin'?

Revealed said...

Yeahhhh I figured it was Pearls, Girls...had the epiphany while I was looking at the 200th slide under the microscope!! Quite a Eureka moment it was :P..was gonna upd8 but figured either u or Obi would rumble it before I could :D

Obi Wan said...

Aha, Monty Bodkin! There were at least two books featuring him(at least) that I can remember! The other one was The Luck of the Bodkins methinks!!!

Revealed said...

@Obi: Yeah, LotB was an excellent one. I quite like Monty. Quite a baa-lamb as a true PGW heroine would say. Hehe.

Cloudy said...

Oh! *slaps forehead* I meant 'Pigs have wings'. HOW COULD I MAKE THAT BLOOPER????????????????!!!!!!

Revealed said...

And how could I not realise it was a blooper? *slaps forehead twice not to be outdone by other forehead-slappers*