Tuesday, December 19

The Fickle Finger of Science

A long time ago, I read an article that has since held me in its thrall. Apparently there is a phenomenon called Sleep Debt. It causes all your hours of amnesiac wakefulness to accumulate until you have a hoard of sleeplessness waiting to pounce on you and lay you low (with exhaustion I presume). The dreadful spectre of all this sleep debt stacking up in the bank frightened me into trying to sleep as often as possible (and you all thought I was lazy, hah! Now you know and I hope you feel sorry!!). And I even added a corollary to the Theory of Sleep Debt, my Theory of Karmic Sleep Debt. It involved karma, and reincarnation, and eternal sleep. Its complicated. So, imagine my disappointment to read in Wiki that this theory has been disproved completely! And apparently the sleep debt can only accumulate over 20 hours and no further! All those wasted hours when I was sleeping *sigh*.

5 comments:

Obi Wan said...

Me 1st here too :-)

Obi Wan said...

Just because the Theory of Sleep Debt has been found to be incorrect, it doesn't mean the Theory Of Karmic Sleep Debt is wrong too! Any theory with the word Karma in it cannot be wrong you know :-) This temporary setback should only spur you on to try harder and harder to prove that your theory is correct!

Revealed said...

@Obi: Aha I see you've got me here. Like the spider told Alex, try, try, try again, 'til u succeed ;).

Anonymous said...

alex...i thot bob!!i mean robert!!!
i think karmic debt does make sense:)

Revealed said...

@maya: Hehe. You sound like my mum ;)